UK Inhaler Group
The UK Inhaler Group is a coalition of not-for-profit organisations and professional societies with a common interest in promoting the correct use of inhaled therapies. We want to improve the outcomes of patients with respiratory conditions, and for the NHS to derive maximum value from inhaled treatment.
We will raise the importance of correct inhaler technique and explore opportunities to promote best practice use of inhalers. This will be achieved through activities in three key areas:
- Aim 1: To be influential at a strategic policy level to promote the correct use of inhaled respiratory medicines
- Aim 2: Develop a set of standards underpinned by a sound competency framework to benchmark those who initiate inhaler therapy
- Aim 3: Promote simple, consistent, standardised education and training of healthcare professionals, patients and others such as school teachers
- Association of Respiratory Nurse Specialists
- Association for Respiratory Technology & Physiology
- Asthma UK
- British Lung Foundation
- British Thoracic Society
- Education for Health
- National Paediatric Respiratory & Allergy Nurses Group
- Primary Care Respiratory Society UK
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- UK Clinical Pharmacy Association
Education for Health
This site has been developed on behalf of UKIG by Education for Health.
Education for Health is a leading educational charity with 30 years of experience providing education and training to enable healthcare professionals to deliver the best care for patients with long term conditions.
We aim to educate, inspire and motivate healthcare professionals, to give them the confidence to be pioneers of change at their places of work.
We support our students to combine work and professional development through online and face-to-face learning.